Bushing question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Will the bushings for a navigator kit work for the jr. gent 1 kits?

I forgot to order the bushings and thought the two kits look similar. I can get the bushings at Woodcraft. It's a couple hour drive but, there are other stores in the area I could visit if the bushings work. A ladies day??

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Dont know the anwser, but if you have a set of calipers, you can measure the bushings you have and then measure your pen compenents see what the difference is. You can check the library, click on general ref., then scroll down to pen kits and bushings.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Will the bushings for a navigator kit work for the jr. gent 1 kits?

I forgot to order the bushings and thought the two kits look similar. I can get the bushings at Woodcraft. It's a couple hour drive but, there are other stores in the area I could visit if the bushings work. A ladies day??

Thank you.
MY best guess is no....I think the Navigator matches to the Jr Gent II and I believe the bushings are different.

Lenny

Because they both use the same drill bits I believe you could use the Navigator bushings with ONE precaution ... Use digital calipiers to determine your final size. I have never turned a Navigator but have turned the Tycoon and found it to be "close" to the Jr. Gent I, but with minor differences. IF you measure your components and turn to those sizes you shouldn't have any trouble. IF you rely solely on the bushings you MAY very well run into problems.

mrcook4570

Assuming that the Jr. Gent 1's have not been modified since they were first available (before the 2's replaced them and then the 1's made a comeback), then 3 of the 4 bushings are the same as those of the Navigator (aka Baron). The caps are the same. The barrel of the navigator is straight whereas the the Jr1 is tapered. So, the tapered end will need to be turned below a Navigator bushing.

Top Bottom