Bushing Organization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Russell

I have seen several notes on how people organize their collection of bushings so I thought I would show mine.

I use perscription bottles from my local Walgreens Drug store. Most of them came from my MIL when she was staying with us. I have found, though, that my pharmacist will geve me a few free if I ask nice and tell him what I am using them for. I built a couple of racks for the wall under a wall cabinet out of scrap wood. They keep the bushings organized, convenient and out of the way. I label each one with the vendor, part number and pen that it is used for.

20059815415_Bushing_Rack.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

That's a great idea! I'll have to look into this...the idea of putting the drill size, blank lengths, and the like is also a good one. Thanks for sharing!

Dario

You make that much different pens????!!!! [:0] I count 36 bottles!!!

Right now I use a tackle box to house my 9 bushing sets. I hope I don't spill them accidentally though [:D].

We all jokingly say that penturning is an addiction but now we have proof that it is a greater addiction than we supposed. [:D] Great idea, most of my drugs come in the large economy (90 day) size from the VA. Will have to look for the smaller size. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

Paul Russell

Dario...I don't make that many different pens on a regular basis but I have tried that many different ones.

Griz...You have to know that the deal I made with SWMBO when I took over the basement for my workshop was that I would keep it "relatively" clean. Now her definition of clean is still different than mine [:)] but unless I am knee deep in a big project, I do pick up and sweep up regularly so the dust doesn't permeate the house. Of course, what I get in return is a dedicated heated and air conditioned space.

MDWine

Someone posted the 'shower curtain hanger' solution, but I find that some of mine do not make the turn on the hanger, so I can't get the busings on.

I'm preparing now to reorganize all kits into the tackle box trays. Each would hold a bunch of kits, along with the drills and bushings for each. My production and inventory levels are probably much less than most, so this may not be practical for everyone. It has to be better than those stackable plastic drawers I am using now.

its_virgil

For those you have to unhook the hanger, change its shape a little for the bushing to fit and rehook it. All of my bushigs fit on a shower curtain hanger except the perfume sprayer bushings. Anything is better than the plastic baggies.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200599112835_bushings%203.jpg
<br />

53Jim

That is an excellent idea. I never thought of doing that for bushings, but I have been using the large pill bottles for my scroll saw blades. As long as I could show the pharmasist what I intended to use the bottles for he had no problem handing over 7 or 8 bottles. He has been the recipiant of several projects over the years, so I think that helped, a bit.

Thumbs

Oh man, what a great idea. I'm giving up my pens and gonna start selling my empty pill bottles to penturners!
[:p][:p][:p]

What?!! [:0] Most of them are already popping their own pills?![:(][V] Oh well, such is life.....[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom