Bushing Glued Inside

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a Cigar bushing out of the tube? I was turning a corn cob for a cigar pen. I used quite a bit of CA to fill some of the holes and I think some may have run down and stuck the bushing into the tube. Any suggestions?[:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

CA doesn't stick well to metal. A sideways tap should break it loose. Or try a dissasembly rod inside to knock it out. That fails, dribble some acetone inside the tube. I doubt it is as big a problem as you might feel it is.

fiferb

I tried putting a rod inside and banged it pretty hard but to no avail. I even grabbed it with a pair of pliers and tried twisting it off, still no luck. I'll try rapping it on it's side but I'm doubtful. Running to the shop not to try.

Daniel

I use a pair of pliers, linemans pliers or channel locks get a good grip. and give the bushing a gentle twist so it greaks the glue bond but not crack the barrel. twisting like getting the top off an old pop top beer. not like unscrewing. I've gotten some pretty badly glued bushings off this way.

Randy_

CA does not resist heat well. Try a little heat on the end of the bushing and then pull it out with a pair of pliers. Heat source.....propane torch, soldering iron, kitchen stove, cigarette lighter, maybe even a match would do it??

alamocdc

I have a 1/4" rod (actually a broken 1/4" drill bit) that I sitck in a bench vise. Then I slide the barrel with the stuck bushing on it (bushing down) so that the rod is at leat half way into the bushing, but no more than 3/4. Then I gently, but firmly rock the barrel back and forth against the rod. After a few attempts and no give, I twist the barrel a half a turn and repeat the process. Usually doesn't take much, but once in a while I have to get a bit more firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom