Burnt Orange

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chuybregts

Hey guys I need your help.

A coworker would love to surprise his wife with a hand made UT Burnt Orange pen, has anyone found a blank that's close to UT's color?

I've started going through all the blanks online at Woodcraft/Craft Supplies, the problem is, what looks good in the photo, may not be the actual color. Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks!

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

I've made some PR blanks that are burnt orange. It's not hard to do. I'm not doing casting any more, but you could contact Dawn/Ed at Exotic Blanks or some of the other folks who post blanks for sale on the classifieds.

dennisg

I just got 4 UT orange and white blanks from glass scratcher. He's on this list. I put 3 Diplomats together today. I'm going to Knoxville to see family for the holiday weekend and I figured it might need a few with the UT orange.

mrcook4570

I just got 4 UT orange and white blanks from glass scratcher. He's on this list. I put 3 Diplomats together today. I'm going to Knoxville to see family for the holiday weekend and I figured it might need a few with the UT orange.

I have a feeling that Chris is seeking longhorn orange and not volunteer orange :wink:

chuybregts

I have a feeling that Chris is seeking longhorn orange and not volunteer orange :wink:

Indeed, I meant Texas Longhorn Orange :) Thanks for the suggestions about those who cast (unfortunately, i am not one so will have to track them down.)

I kind of figured with the color, it's probably trademarked so finding off the shelf blanks with the burnt orange is probably out of the question but was hoping!

Chris

mick

Chris....if you want to do a wooden pen Padauk works nicely. I just finished several Checkerboard pens for a Vol fan. She wanted an antique look so I used the Padauk and Maple. I've also used Holly with it for a brighter look but you need to be careful when finishing as the padauk will bleed if you don't seal before sanding.

RAdams

Banned
If you were looking for orange and black then i culd totally hook it up for free! But you want the "other" orange.

When you guys came to Stillwater this year, the University (OSU) tried to get all the Cowboys fans to wear black instead of the traditional Orange. They didn't want our orange bleeding in with your orange. It didn't work out too well. Most everyone in teh stadium was wearing orange of some shade. Of course the "shorthorn" Orange isn't near as cool and colorful as the "Cowpokes" Orange!!!

DISCLAIMER.. I am only joking. I am indeed a OSU Cowboys fan through and through, and an Okie born and bred, but i have no beef with the Horns, or anything / anyone from Texas. I am simply ribbing a neighbor rival. Please do not take offense to what i said. I am also a DIE HARD Dallas COwboys fan, more so than any college team.

chuybregts

I have some that would be very close. Bigleaf maple blanks.
I have done some longhorn inlays for people here and they have posted photo's, if that is what you want let me know.

Wow, that is quite the pen! I'll talk to my coworker and see if he want's to go that route.

mick: I'll definitely check out Padauk. Thanks for the suggestion

RAdams: I'm a new Longhorns fan, so the rivalry's aren't bred into me yet! I was blown away at the first UT game I went to, 100,000 fans, all dressed in Orange!

Thanks guys I'm out of town for 2.5 weeks and will resume the search when I get back.
Thanks again!

Top Bottom