Burned Wood Smell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phippsto

I have recently had my first experience with laser pen engraving. The pen is a PSI Cigar with CA finish.

Naturally the laser burns through the CA and into the wood. I did not expect the aroma of burned wood would be so noticeable after the laser engraving process.

I would appreciate any information about ways to mitigate the smell. I wonder if it will subside over time. Should I consider re-coating the pen with CA?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Dont know about that, but I had lasix surgery a few years ago and I could smell my corneas burning. Really weird.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Burn smell

I have recently had my first experience with laser pen engraving. The pen is a PSI Cigar with CA finish.

Naturally the laser burns through the CA and into the wood. I did not expect the aroma of burned wood would be so noticeable after the laser engraving process.

I would appreciate any information about ways to mitigate the smell. I wonder if it will subside over time. Should I consider re-coating the pen with CA?

Any information will be much appreciated.

The smell of burned wood will abate over time...how much time would depend on a lot of factors though. Woodburning is fairly common though and most things that I see with woodburned logos, etc. do not smell like burned wood so either it abates or there is something can be done about it. (I don't know what though)

Top Bottom