bullet pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

samm47

I an very interested in making some bullet pens, but very stupid when it comes to bullets. I was given some antlers that my uncle wants made into pens. And I thought making one or two with a bullet would be unusual for him. Has anyone ever written an article, step by step, on how to make them? I have done a search with no help for me. I would be using a slimline kit and the cigar kit, so what kind of bullets or whatever would I need and how do I make it? Thank you for any help you may give me.

Shar, do a search for bullet or casing pens, be sure to check the archive box. There have been several threads on the how to. just to help tho, 30 cal works well w/ SL and a 45 cal works for the cigar. Just be sure to punch the primer out BEFORE drilling [:0]

bonefish

As Pastor Bill suggests--do a search on Cartridge pens. Someone else asked the same question and I submitted a brief thread on how I do it, using a .308 Winchester case.

If you need more detail, just ask.

Bonefish

arjudy

It is best to use a casing that is the same size as a nib from a kit. The slimline kit is by far easier to use than a cigar. The .30-06 Springfield and .308 Remington work well with this kit. You can use a european kit (my preference) with a .338 Winchester Super Magnum or a .340 Weatherby Magnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom