Bullet Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Bryan,
Don Ward (It's_Virgil) was working on an instruction sheet or something for this at one time, if memory serves me correct. I'm not sure what the status is. Good luck!

rtparso

Well I have only made one so far but as far as construction is concerned I bought a piece of 5/16" (0.3125â€) OD by 0.2485"ID from McMaster-Carr. Any 30 cal is .308†but is about .310 after firing and I don’t have crimping equipment. So punch the primer out and drill the primer hole out with a 5/16†drill. BTW I recommend SPENT shells. I annealed the tube to make sure it would press nice but I am not sure it was needed. I then pressed the tube into the primer end until the tube was even with the front of the casing. I then used a large drill to dress the primer end. I found that the 30.06 is just right for a Designer and while I haven’t tried it yet I think the 308 will work also. I have not gotten a finish to work yet though. I missed the Harbor Freight sale on power coat. I am going to try Behlen Woodturner's Finish as soon as it gets here. Also for short cases like pistol rounds I have experimented with drilling out the primer hole with a drill slightly lager then the OD of a 7mm tube and slipping it on like a center band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom