Bullet pen tips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dennismdavis

Anyone know where I can get the tips for bullet pens. I need the ones for .30-06 and .308 in quantity. Thanks for any help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Are you wanting a real bullet for the nib or just a nib to fit?
If real bullets, go to a local sporting goods store that sell reloading supplies or gun shop and but 30 caliber bullets, drill them out and you have your nib.

Alzey

I use the hornady GMX30. It is solid copper and zinc. No lead. The hollow tip has a nylon ballistic tip that when drilled out is the perfect size for a cross refill. If you don't want to drill the bullets, you can order kits from www.woodnwhimsies.com.

Alzey

Just remember that copper is very grabby when drilling. Make sure you have a sharp bit, go slow, and use a drilling oil.

Sylvanite

I get most of my bullets from a wholesale supplier, but for occasional buyers, MidwayUSA is a good choice. Their selection and prices are good and their customer support can't be beat.

If you're looking for a lead-free solution, the Barnes TSX .308 130g is a good choice.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Jgrden

In the same vein of copper tips; cannot you buy .22 cal copper stands to cut and drill for the smaller diameter bullets?

KenBrasier

The only bullet pens I do use the 30 caliber Barnes 140 grain, I do: 30-30, 30.06, 308 and 300 Winchester. I've done a few .243 and .270, but have turned down the 30 caliper bullets for those rather than buy a box of 50 bullets. The full copper bullets are a bit more expensive but you don't have to deal with the lead. Drilling is easy using collets and sharp bits. I typical do a set-up and drill all 50 in a box for Cross or Parker on a Jet 1220VS.

Top Bottom