Bullet Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shappy

I would like to turn some bullet pens and am looking at different sources.
The pictures of the ones from Craft Supply look nice. I found some
listed at Bear Tooth Woods that are supposedly real bullet cartridges but
these are twice the price. Is it worth the extra cost? Which kits have been of consistently good quality?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I make my own, you will need rifle casings, full metal jacket bullets, and slimline kits. They are easy to do. Look in the library, there are some good articles on making them.

Tim at Wood-n-Whimsies has this assembly, the cartridge, 7mm tube and adapter bushing pre-assembled. You just put what slimline kit you want on it. I have sold a bunch and they only cost a couple of bucks from him.

RogerH

I'm not the biggest proponent of PSI, but I second what Turned Around said in this post: I have turned and sold all of the PSI bullet kits. The biggest seller for me is the 50 cal. in dark camo or red, white & blue. It is an actual 50 cal. shell, which has been fired. Guys love them, especially those with military experience.

Live2Dive

+1 for the PSI 50 cal kits. I have sold everyone I've made. I like their 30 cal click pen too. Every one of them has sold.

Hess

there is a guy named Mark on Ebay I buy 308 and 30 30 cases with a 7 mm tube placed in them for 2 buck each they are not coated so they have to be buff up now and then
You use a slimline copper or gold kit for the rest of the pen. this makes the kit cost 4 bucks without the blank

okiebugg

Careful

If you buy the kits from CSUSA be very careful with any type of buffing. The gold plating must be only a couple of microns thick. I was buffing the wood on a gold kit from CS recently and barely touched the gold and it came off where the buffing wheel touched it showing the chrome underneath. I buffed all of the gold plating off and turned it into a chrome bullet pen. I was very disappointed with the outcome because I was making a gold bullet for a client. He had picked the blank out from my 'stuff' and it was the only piece of Bocote I had.

I then tried this on another kit. I beffed the underside of the pocket clip and the gold came right off

Shappy

Thanks to all for responding and sharing your experience. I plan to order some
bullet pen kits from little rivercrafts based on the positive experience others have had with these kits.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I second the statement that Sylvanite has a great quality product and is a local propriator on IAP. His product must meet his high standards and they go together GREAT!
If you haven't ordered one yet, send him a message to get one. The others don't compare.

Top Bottom