Bullet pen beginings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

When I first started making pens ovet 3 years ago I saw a pen using shell casings. I really liked the pens and not being the industrous, clever person like Eagle I went looking for the "kits". I actually did not know enough to know what to try or that even a slimline could be modified or any of our kits, actually. After finding no shell casing kits and having just made my first order from Bill Baumbeck, I gave him a call to inquire about the shell casing kits. Bill told me that Dick Sing had brought some shell casing kits back from Australia and given him one. Bill sent it to Jay Pickens who, according to Bill, could do more with "nothing" than anyone he knew. I kept searching trying to search in Australaia but found nothing. Lucky me I did find Jay's email and found out that he lived only 120 miles from me and after a visit was well on my way to making shell casing pens.

At the Penturners' Rendezvous this past month Dick Sing was one of the attendees. I asked Dick about this and he confirmed the story. We exchanged cards and in the mail yesterday was a pkg from Dick Sing with some of the kits he had brouyght back from Australia almost 4 years age or maybe earlier. Don't really know if this was the start of shell casing pens, but I just think it may have been.

Take a look at the kit and the instructions.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200573145330_orig%20bullet%20kit.jpg

200573145425_orig%20bullet%20instructions.jpg

jwoodwright

5.56 mm or .223 cal. Favored round of US Military.

Don, go out to Sheppard AFB, ask the Security Police(SP) for Spent Brass. Here's where a pen in trade works best. Every year, all SP's must re-qualify.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom