bullet casing pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

franka

Ok I have made about 30 of these and only lost 3 or 4 mechanism's But now the failed rate at least 1 per pen. I have not changed anything so I am thinking the parts have changed. Anyone else having this happen or tell me how you avoid this. I solider my tubes in and have always done this so what gives?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

franka

bullet pen

They are failing during assembly. when pushing them in they mushroom right at the bottom of the twist mechanism. I clean the tube very well and in the past when I lost one it would bend. I always make sure that the chrome twist part is turned flush with the inside parts.

Skie_M

The mechanism itself is mushrooming out right at the bottom of the mech as you try to press it in?? You may want to make sure that you are reaming the brass tube properly before you try to seat the mechanism. There could be solder in the tube, and if that's in the way you will have problems like this. Try a kit using CA (superglue) and see if the problem goes away?

It is possible they changed vendors who provide them with the twist mechs ... try calling them up and letting them know that you're having problems, they may replace the twist mechanisms for you for free! If that doesn't work, you can try a 3rd-party vendor.

zig613

Ream out the 7mm brass tube with a 1/4 drill bit and place a small amount of light grease on the transmission brass entry collar and that will solve your problem.

Les

I also ream the end of the brass tube about 3/16 inch using a 1/4 drill. Works like a charm... no more "mushed" transmissions during assembly.

Wade

Last edited:
Top Bottom