Buffing System

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hello all. I made a simple buffing system for the lathe that others might be able to recreate. I think I have seen something similar here before, but just thought I would revisit it.

5/8" steel threaded rod turned down on one end to remove the thread. In the other end, I tapped a 60 degree hole to match my live center. Two cloth wheels in between some nuts, and washers, and that is it. The turned down end fits into a jacobs chuck. Works great.

buffer1.jpg

buffer2.jpg

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

tipusnr,

I have a couple sets of wheels. Since I have been doing aluminum, I have been using soft metal polish. The left wheel is a medium polish, and the right is a High gloss polsih. The left is red and the right is green. The aluminum turns them both black. I also use Diamond, and Tripoli on another set of wheels for other stuff.

James

Fangar

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />I like this idea. Plus my lathe is large enough to hold three wheels.

I thought about adding a third, but there is not enough room. So far I haven't needed it. Glad you liked it.

James

jdavis

Super idea, bet it works great. We buff on buffers in metal shop. Stationary machines out of grinders. They do use a great job. Advantage of woodshop and metal shop avaliable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom