Buckeye burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasr night turned a pen out of some buckeye burl blanks i bought from ebay. was dissapointed when i got them they each have a lot of voids and cracks in them. But anyway i was able to drill the hole down the center without any blow-ups, proceede to glue and then turned. eventually i had to stop you could see the tube. i stopped and went to watch the video in the library by russ about filling the voids. and went back filled the voids like said and did it work. the pen came out beutaful, nice and smooth and finish came out real nice. EEE cream and shellwax polish. have not tried ca finish yet[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdburn_em

As has been said so many times, this thread is worthless w/out pics [:D]
Glad you were able to make it work. I have some Thuya Burl I'm going to have to do something similar with.

jkirkb94

Voids are one of the great reasons for turning Buckeye. I love to fill in the voids with various powdered stones. The filled voids add unique character to the pens! Kirk:)

toolcrazy

Use brass shavings to fill the voids, you can get all you want from your local locksmith. I haven't tried this yet, and I'm a locksmith. [8D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom