Bubbasville Houston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnc_maker

Well folks, we had a great time at the Bubbasville Houston this last Saturday. It was hosted by Monte Steglich at his shop in Pearland Texas. The turnout was small for the first event but everyone had a great time. We are going to try to do it again in 3 months or so. David Reinhardt brought his MicroMart table saw for show and tell. He also brough some of his magic elixier for pen finishing. He disolves plexiglass in acetone and uses it as a finish coating. He had a couple of great looking pens done with this process. Chuck had some really great solid color acrylic egg kalidascopes (YoYoSpin from IAP made the acrlic blanks for him) Monty demonstrated powder coating with the HF rig and a toaster oven. Vern brought some of his tools over for some sharpening and touchup. We got a quick demo of the sharpening jig for the turning tools. There was a lot of discussion about selling and pricing as well as the best local events to participate. Monty's wife and his mother cooked up a great lunch for us. Monty got some pic's so he may post some soon.

Present were:
Vern Desplinter
Monte Steglich (Host)
David Reinhardt
Chuck Reece ( I think the first name is correct if not then please correct me.)
Dan Symonds

Don Ward and Ron McIntire had talked about coming down but both had prior commitments. Don you missed some real good info on cartrage pens from Monte.

I know there are several more people in the general Houston area that might be interested. This get togather originally started on the IAP group so some of the yahoo group may not have known about it. Next time I will make sure that the schedule is posted on the yahoo group also. Additionally Jeff Carroll Mayor of Bubbasville will be starting a posting of the various bubbasville get togathers around the US. (There are several now) You can find a schedule of the Bubbasville get togathers at www.bubbasville.com

In the mean time the group decided that it would be good to get togather one of the Saturdays that the Bubbasville Ft.Worth is going and crash the party as a group.

Look out guys were coming ---- :)

Thanks to all and please contact me if you want to be on the contact list for the next get togather.

Cheers

Dan Symonds
dsymonds@sbcglobal.net

Always remember -- Every expert was once a beginner.

Pen Makers Guild
http://tinyurl.com/p4s7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom