Bubbasville East Meeting -Sat. Jan.13th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

clewless

Hey it's that time again...yup time for all the "termites" to gather, do their secret handshake, and compare notes. We're going to look at finishing techniques this month. Please bring your favorite finish and some blanks that you're willing to experiment on.

Bring your pens for show and tell, bring stuff to demonstrate, bring pens to turn, bring lunch and a chair. (No dogs or children please.) Depending on the turnout (I have two lathes), we may need folks to bring some equipment too.

Time: 9:30 AM till you’re tired or 4 PM

I will plan on being in my shop on the following dates and hope that some fellow pen turners will join me.

2007 -
Sat. Jan. 13
Sat. Feb. 10
Sat. Mar. 10
Sat. Apr. 14

General location: I am 45 minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge, one hour from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Accurate directions available when you decide to come.

Please let me know if you’re interested in coming so we can share your particular skills.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

OK Joe, I'll actually be there this month! I know, I know...try to control your excitement, please! [;)] I'm looking forward to it!

emackrell

I'll be there Joe!

Would be interesting to compare the multiple versions of the CA finish (with or without BLO, what applicators, how many coats, thin or thick, etc) on similar blanks. Sort of a controlled experiment to see what difference all the variations make. Thoughts from fellow Termites? Worth a try?

cheers Eileen [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom