Browning Machine Gun Cartridge Pen Polishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drcal

I just turned a few of the Browning Machine Gun pens and I want to polish the shell but I don't have a polishing system. Any ideas on how to get the brass to shine a bit?

I tried Brasso cream by hand with a soft cloth but it did not do much.

Thanks.
Carmen
Tampa Bay.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

Try a harder cloth with a nap i.e. a washcloth and the Brasso. Barkeepers Friend also works well. You can also coat it with ketchup and let it sit a bit. The acid will eat through the tarnish and then you might have better luck with the Brasso.

johncrane

Shine and cotton pads is the best i've used on brass and all Metals
and plastics.

Attachments

• 100_1818.JPG
    100_1818.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 181

GDGeorge

PSI One step works. Make a jam chuck and mount the shell on your lathe or drill press. Spin it and polish.

hard hat

I bought a polishing wheel with drill arbor from harbor freight along with metal polishing compound. Drill chuck in headstock and live center to keep it in place and you're making things shiny. All for less than $10 and much less elbow grease

Jim Burr

Banned
I'd like to have a few of those shells in whatever condition!!! BAR's are awesome!!
I get some 50's in less than stellar condition, buffing wheels are scary with shell casings...just a fact, but they do work well with each other. Hand buffing is fast, safe and easy. Is there a procedure for low mole acid dipping?

Last edited:

lorbay

I start off with a fine file to get all the deep scratches out, then from 180G right through to 4000mm and then brass polish. Look like a mirror. Shiny sells.
Lin

Top Bottom