Broker Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

I just finished my first Broker pen kit from CSUSA. I really like the kit but there is just one little thing that bugs me. I worry about the way you extend and retract the Schmidt refill. The clip has to rub across the wood or whatever you have made the pen out of. I worry that the wood will become scratched over time with use. Has anybody noticed this and does anyone know of any talks within the company about how to remedy this, if there is even a way to? One thought I've had is to make a multi blank type and use something very hard like a corian or something where the clip will rub. Any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Mike, it has been brought up. If you look in Rich K. album at the PMG the does just that, puts a ring of hard surface material to avoid the maring. Wayne has also done this. I tend to bend the clip out a touch and don't worry about it for either kit the Broker or Wall St. I think a shorter slip resting on the final would work if done taistfully.

Vern

Mike & Jen.... Wayne (wayneis) had a great idea to prevent the clip from eating your wood or whatever. Just turn a groove where the clip will contact the barrel of your pen.

On the first one I did I just "detensioned" the clip so it barely contacts the wood. Been using it on a daily basis for 3 weeks with no signs of wear.

Vern

I just finished a Wall street with a CA finish. So far the clip has not mared the surface.

2005624224324_Pens1.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom