Broken Nib on Series 2000 RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarrierBob

I'm looking for some possible answers on two broken nibs on a series 2000 screw cap flat top RB. A customer returned this pen to me with the nib threads broken off in the nib coupler. The customer said she loved the pen and would like it back if at all possible. I replaced the nib and returned the pen. This was about 6-8 months ago. Today she showed up at my table in person, with the same pen, same broken nib threads. I ask how did it break? I was told it was while writing. Well I said I'll replace the parts and send it back ASAP. Long story short, we decided to make a one for one swap for a Retro in Blk Titanium. She liked it and it has an all metal nib. My biggest question for anyone and everyone. Has this been a problem for you, with this kit? I purchased it from AS, quite a while back. I wouldn't bother Bill with this. I'm just curious if this has been a problem. I'm not the most fond of this kit myself, however I have had quite a few customers that like it. My customer has very gracious about the second broken nib, and in fact proceeded to purchase 10 pens from me,as xmas gifts. 4 Rb and 6 cigars. I like to keep these type customers happy. Any type feedback would be welcome. Bob

nava1uni

It makes me wonder if she pushes real hard when she is writing. I have had people apply so much pressure when writing that I have seen them bend the end of the pen. Over time the stress on the plastic may be too much. One pen I could imagine to be a manufacturing issue, but two by the same person I think may be related to how the person uses the writing instrument.
My friend applies so much pressure when writing that she has bent the nib of a fountain pen and her fingers turn white when writing.

igran7

I have a beautiful BOW series 2000 screw top rollerball pen that I personally have had to replace the nib on twice. I refuse to sell this kit for this reason. I made the pen 1 1/2 yrs ago and use it regularly. I haven't had this problem with any other style.

Top Bottom