Broadwell Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LL Woodworks

Hey there everyone - I have the Broadwell Art Deco from a few years ago that had a horrible blank in it, wanted to change it; knocked out the nib coupler section and experienced some separation of the decorative brass rings. I tried pressing it back together but it will not budge. Anyone experience this and is there a fix? Sorry for the blurred pic.

Thanks

Attachments

• SDC10756.jpg
    SDC10756.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 171
That happened to me once- it will squeeze back together when you put a new barrel on it - or you can find a bushing or spacer that fits over the end (on the right hand side in your pic) and makes contact with the ring and squeeze it back together that way.

ghostrider

I've had similar experiences with other single-barrel component sets.

Like where the gold tip is pressed into the black barrel section on something like a Monet/Gatsby/Le Roi/etc... I've separated the gold and black sections, as well as doing the same with the finial. I just pressed them back together using my fancy pen press that looks a lot like a woodworkers vise.

LL Woodworks

That happened to me once- it will squeeze back together when you put a new barrel on it - or you can find a bushing or spacer that fits over the end (on the right hand side in your pic) and makes contact with the ring and squeeze it back together that way.

Thanks - your suggestion works -Kit saved and Resurrection. I'm Not a fan of all the "bling" on this kit but many customers like it.
Thanks

Top Bottom