brass tubing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I am looking for brass tubing in longer lengths then those that come with pen kits, but the same diameter. I am trying to make some pens without the center band. I have found some for another item, but they are expensive. I was hoping that the tubing can be bought in lengths of a foot or so. Anyone know where this might be sold?;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found exactly what I wanted at the website Arizona silhouette. I am experimenting with making a two part pen using the slim line kit, but without the center band so the body can be made larger for larger hands. I have made one out of Leopard wood for a friend and it worked rather nicely. ;)

alamocdc

Cindy, hobby stores like Hobby Lobby probably won't have what you are looking for. If there is a hobby store that caters to radio control and trains, they will have. It's a neccessity for these folks.;)

Modelmaker

When you go to a "real" hobby shop (not Hobby Lobby) look for the K&S Metals display, 9 times out of ten you'll find what you need there.
They have precision brass tubes (and other shapes) just use your calipers to double check everything and you should be good to go

--
Kris "Modelmaker" Southerland

MobilMan

Cindy--do you mean longer? If longer, just cut the standard tube in half & incert it from each end of whatever length blank you have. They can be cut easily on the scroll saw if you lay it on a piece of wood & cut both at the same time. The top of a slimline can be any length, as long as you have a little piece in the cap end.

Top Bottom