Brass Tube Supplier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

I know I have seen some posts that listed places where you can purchase brass tube in bulk. I can find 7mm and 10mm but am looking for other sizes.

I have searched several different keywords and can't find the threads.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

the pen parts dealers sell 10 in lengths of some sizes -- PSI has as broad a selection as I have seen. Smallparts.com sells a wide range of tube by diameter and wall thickness but not as a pen makers name specific tubing.

dow

Wood-n-Whimsies has them too. I think they're also in 10" lengths. I don't remember seeing it on their webpage, but I asked Tim about it and he said that they have the tubes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Many hardware suppliers have brass tube (K&S, I think) in lots of sizes.

Google (or Bing) "brass tube"

McMaster-Carr comes to mind, you could try them, too.

PTownSubbie

Will the tubes from non-pen suppliers work with the kits? I didn't think that the thickness of the tubes were standard in the industry.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Will the tubes from non-pen suppliers work with the kits? I didn't think that the thickness of the tubes were standard in the industry.

I have never used them, for that purpose. So, I can't tell you for certain.

It would be a better idea to buy the tubes from the suppliers. Cutting tubing to length is not a real exact science.

Is there a particular pen you need (I know one supplier will not sell tubes, we can help you get those, if that's what you need)

bkersten

From my expierience the times I have tried to use the hobby shop brass it is of the thick wall size and thus too thick for the pen parts. Had to order from the pen part suppliers. Thought reaming/drilling it out but there was not enough support there and the drill sizes then made it too thin. Don't even think of using it anymore.

PTownSubbie

Is there a particular pen you need (I know one supplier will not sell tubes, we can help you get those, if that's what you need)

This is really just a thought of wanting some extra tubes laying around so that I can do some testing and such. I just thought that buying in bulk length and using the HF metal cutting saw would make it cheaper.

So, specifically I am looking for some WallStreet II, Jr Gent II and Gent replacement tubes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

KenV

"This is really just a thought of wanting some extra tubes laying around so that I can do some testing and such. I just thought that buying in bulk length and using the HF metal cutting saw would make it cheaper."

that theory may work for comodity items but not for specialty items with fairly fine controls. There may be advantages in shopping for tubes with the same internal dimensions and different wall thickness for some special adaptation --- but the spare tubes are not of sufficient cost to make them significant -- and use two if you need butting them together with epoxy.

Top Bottom