Brands of CA glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kingkeyman

I was a stickfast guy, but I'm now looking at pens that I've made over 6 months ago kept at room temperature in a case and the ca finish is developing cracks. I think I'm going to try Satellite City next.
I hope I don't have people who have purchased pens from me in the past looking at cracks in their pens calling me bad names.

TimS124

I've had very good results of 2P-10 (thin, medium, and thick viscosities). The glue resists going off in the bottle (a problem I encounter consistently with Hot Stuff - though I'm sure somehow I was causing it).

I recently picked up a bottle of Nexabond 2500 and have used it for several projects, but I don't think I've used it for pens yet.

I've used Stickfast's finish with good results. I recently acquired some of their glue but haven't used it yet.

I refuse to use Gorilla's CA glue after having 2 bottles (out of the 4 or 5 I tried) fail to set up. I tried accelerators, waiting significantly longer than CA should ever require...those bottles just wouldn't set up.

Kendallqn

I too used to use Stickfast and started noticing cracking in some of the older pens. I've been using satalite city's glues now for about six months and haven't seen any cracking yet. So I would recommend them at the moment.

2P-10 is the only one I use anymore, and I think I've tried them all! Nobody beats the 2 year shelf life, the kit box is really neat, and the cost seems reasonable. Of course I know the manufacturer pretty well, too!

TonyL

Stick Fast, but only for gluing tubes, when I don't use epoxy. I use SF epoxy too.

jeb1248

Harbor Freight

I was in Harbor Freight the a while ago and noticed they had CA, both the thin and gel, in small tubes. They also have the thin in bottles. Its fairly cheap and seems to work OK. Other than that I've been using Satellite City.

Medium Titebond CA. for mostly stamp pens. I have stayed away from using CA for a general finish.

Attachments

• presimo2.jpg
    presimo2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 197

lorbay

I am an EZ bonder fan and also a Star Bond fan. Those ass holes at stick fast would not even return my emails. I was a tester for P 210 good product but way over priced in this country.
Lin.

kovalcik

I use EZ Bond from Exotic Blanks. If I run out and need something quick I use TiteBond from my local Woodcraft at about 2x the cost.

lwalper

Have tried various brands. Currently using Satellite City thin and am not happy with the dispenser. The glue in the nozzle hardens from day to day between uses. So far the finish has been good -- and it does stick.

KenV

Pat - Given the shipping from the US to Ireland, have you looked at the vendors in the UK? I get a UK publication -Woodturning - that has several pages of advertisements of UK firms that sell to the Woodturners.

Woodturning - The Woodworkers Institute

The Woodturning Institute is a web page put together by the publisher of Woodturning and several other wood related magazines. Some good stuff there, and even some pen related materials.

walshjp17

I have been using Mercury CA and Mercury Epoxy for about two years now and have nothing but good results. The CA works extremely well for finishing and the epoxy is what I use for gluing in tubes.

I get my Mercury products from Stephen Bigelow (Glue - Pacific NW Pen Blanks).

popeye

I'm a little new at wood turning. I see that everyone has a favorite glue. Where do you find 2P-10 on line or in a store? I use hot stuff and I'm not real pleased with the end results,I've also used stick fast. Anyway I'm ready to try a new glue.

popoeye

TimS124

I'm a little new at wood turning. I see that everyone has a favorite glue. Where do you find 2P-10 on line or in a store? I use hot stuff and I'm not real pleased with the end results,I've also used stick fast. Anyway I'm ready to try a new glue.

popoeye

Here's a link to 2P-10's list of dealers...you can see if there's one close to you or use it to dig up an online vendor... I bought my 2P-10 from the local Woodcraft store, but it doesn't show up on Woodcraft's website (but my local Woodcraft is listed in the 2P-10's dealer list).

The dealer list for 2P-10 includes the San Antonio Woodcraft as well as several other sources in your general area.

https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/locator.asp

WriteON

This glue works well.
I also use it for gluing leather tips on pool cues. Shop online. 2oz bottle for $10.

Attachments

• CA glue.jpg
    CA glue.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Top Bottom