Bracelet Helper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Has anyone made the bracelet helper kit that Berea sells...
I have a customer interested in a couple of them and was wondering what length blank you need to do one...
I know it takes the same bushings as the perfume applicator...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

I have made a couple before and have a couple more kits but I have no earthly idea what size blank. Since I am at work I cant go and measure.

So, after all that, I am really no use to you![:p]

rtparso

That is what the Berea site says. But why not just turn a spindel and get a gold plated aligater clip from a good electronic outlet.

KenV

I just finished several of these with blind ends. shallow drilled the holes and found that I could get two or three blanks "tubed" from a single tube. I used a friction mandrel of maple.

I used 5 inch blanks, and the testing by users suggested a little longer handle with some beads or similar texture at the far end worked best. My design review committee (wife) liked the olive wood ones best.

Side note, these tubes fit nicely in a 30 caliber shell casing for sweat soldering to reduce the case mouth (in case you were looking for a use for the extra tubes resulting from closed end turnings). A little brass shim stock around a standard 0.265 OD tube and tight drilling on the primer end and ou have a solid lower unit for making a slimline component set and a long tube into a shell pen....

KenV

I just finished several of these with blind ends. shallow drilled the holes and found that I could get two or three blanks "tubed" from a single tube. I used a friction mandrel of maple.

I used 5 inch blanks, and the testing by users suggested a little longer handle with some beads or similar texture at the far end worked best. My design review committee (wife) liked the olive wood ones best.

Side note, these tubes fit nicely in a 30 caliber shell casing for sweat soldering to reduce the case mouth (in case you were looking for a use for the extra tubes resulting from closed end turnings). A little brass shim stock around a standard 0.265 OD tube and tight drilling on the primer end and ou have a solid lower unit for making a slimline component set and a long tube into a shell pen....

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I always thought those were called roach clips [;)][}:)]

Kevin, I can't tell you how many times I was asked that at my show this past weekend. And I didn't sell a single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom