Boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

I was just wondering what you all do about boxes for your pens?
As it stands right now, I'm only doing plastic pen boxes for my slimline pen/pencil kits. Everything else (cigars, sierras, barons) are getting velvet pouches. I keep telling myself that I'm doing pouches to keep costs down, (which it does) but I'm wondering if people don't care and would rather have a box for their pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctwxlvr

I use velvet pouches for most sales at shows, and cardboard boxes for internet sales, and larger pens at shows, I offer a wood box for $5 that I don't make either cant make one for the cost I get them for.

Gary Max

Buy a bunch of boxs and give them away with the pen---expensive boxes with high dollar pens and bargain boxs go with less costly pens. I do not try to milk a customer for every dime I can get---plus you just add a couple of dollars to the price so they are really buying it anyways.
Plus---this is always ture.
Giving away stuff will bring you return customers.
No one gives away nice wooden boxs----PR goes a long ways in todays market.
Of course that's just the way I like doing it and other folks will do it different.

txbatons

I was using the velvet pouches, but switched to the cardboard boxes and like that much more. I'll use a wood box if it's for a wedding gift or other gift. The cardboard box is just right and allows the recipient to wrap it if they are giving the pen as a gift. I agree with Gary that presentation and PR pays off.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I put mine in the velvet sleeve, and then in a carboard bracelet box that I buy online for pennies per box. As said by Brian, it allows easy wrapping of the box for a present.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
At this time of the year, especially, MANY of our pens are being purchased for gifts. Have you ever tried to wrap a velvet bag????

Supply a box, even the inexpensive cardboard ones from Monty's group buy.
They look pretty good. If you want to offer the velveteen box as an upgrade, for a buck or two, that works too.

OKLAHOMAN

I ask the customer if this is a gift or for themself (usually found out during talking to customer) if a gift will give a box if for them will give a velvet sleeve, but always give something to put the pen in. On high end pens (over $150.00) give a leatherette case .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
How many you gonna buy???

Over 100, worth looking - Monty will tell you if you could do better on your own - he told ME this a year ago, I buy from him anyway.

send Monty e-mail - he has a website and will assist you graciously.

Rmartin

I use the Cabretta from CSU for streamline and cigars. For the higher end pens, they come with a wooden box. People like boxes. Also, the cardboard sleeves make a nice billboard for my logo.

Rmartin

GaryMGg

Originally posted by JimBobTucson
<br />Can you folks include links to ... pouches (velvet and leatherette)?

Thanx, JB

JB,
I just finished a Group Buy on sleeves -- where were you? [;)]
Seriously, you can get 'em from Ernie at Bear Tooth, and
IF I have any extrees, I'll let you know.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I just closed a group buy on the cardboard boxes this morning. I do know I'll have some extras. PM me if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom