Box Problem Alert!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

If you use glass window display box, Penn State PKBOX8R, THESE BOXES HAVE CHANGED!!!!

While they are still listed in PSI catalogs as Rosewood, they are now actually REDWOOD and the quality is not nearly the same as the Rosewood box.

After recieving the second order of these boxes, I called PSI (NO resellers sell these) about the problem. I was advised that Rosewood is no longer available and future shipments would be redwood.

THEY ARE STILL LISTED ON THE WEB AND CATALOGS AS ROSEWOOD.THEY ARE NOT!

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKBOX8R.html

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Is that a problem? Both Rosewood and Redwood start with an "R". :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up. I need to order a few. Someone I know got me hooked on using these boxes to display and sell large pens. Sold me my first fix.....I mean bunch. :tongue:

You say the quality isn't the same. Poor workmanship or just appearance? How much difference between the color, or did they try to disguise the wood change with stain? :confused:

xxShadowxx

the right piece of redwood can look great :biggrin:
i've been making pens and such from 2000+ yr old redwood :biggrin:

PenMan1

Is that a problem? Both Rosewood and Redwood start with an "R". :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up. I need to order a few. Someone I know got me hooked on using these boxes to display and sell large pens. Sold me my first fix.....I mean bunch. :tongue:

You say the quality isn't the same. Poor workmanship or just appearance? How much difference between the color, or did they try to disguise the wood change with stain? :confused:

It looks like "fake" wood. The color is dreadful and the finish is dull. I'm not 100 percent convinced that it is actually redwood.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I know that for a long time the 'rosewood' boxes were padauk.
I don't think I've ever gotten a rosewood box that was rosewood.

Top Bottom