box elder gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

Just had to share a picture of this stock. Went to the land of milk and honey again tonight and found a REALLY NICE box elder log, about 22" diameter. Started looking at the end and saw that part of the root ball was still attached. Lots of bugs, worms, and rot, but oh my, look at the blanks I was able to harvest. I've never seen box elder like this. Wait a minute, I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard! [:I] The van has at least 500 pounds of stock off the log, but nothing much like this root stock. Thanks for letting me gloat!!:D:D:D

Rich

20053435118_boxelderroot.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

OK, Rich you're having waaaaaaaaaaay too much fun with that chainsaw!!! Maybe you'd better ship it out to me to try for awhile!! Really pretty wood there!!!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Too much "flame" definately won't pass for grade "A" stuff.
You"lucky there's a recycling center for unsaleable woods in Camden S.C., send it here and I'll take it to them.
It's right in my back yard.

JimGo

Tom, the first thing I did (even before replying) was to check the Individual Classifieds to see if Rich had any listed there! He's usually very generous, so I thought it was worth a try. Unfortunately... :)

low_48

Maybe this will provide a little more interest in coming to Peoria in August for the penturning symposium I am planning. We are going to have a parking lot swap meet and I plan on having a truck load of goodies there![:D] I brought the rest of the log home in the van. I don't imagine Chevrolet ever thought that an Astro Van would be carrying that much weight. I've even pulled logs from the pile with the Astro. I know for sure that they never planned on this being a log skidder. I bucked the log into 30" lengths and then sawed those in half pieces so I could get them in the van. I still had to roll the top sections up a quickly made ramp. The first section near this root section will have some areas of this much red, but the rest will be just normal flame. There will be some of that in the classifieds late next week. It's been fun sharing this.

Rich

opfoto

I say we all jump in the truck, drive around following the trail of drool!!! Some day we will find you. There really is no shame in sharing ya know! Beautiful stuff ya got there. Nice haul!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom