Bowling balls?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

With the talk of bowling ball blanks I wondered if anyone on the forum has cut up a real bowling ball for blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

POC has mentioned that they did it while testing, but it was very dangerious. not to mention that the chance of it breaking a band saw blade is quite high!

G

Originally posted by Doghouse
<br />POC has mentioned that they did it while testing, but it was very dangerious. not to mention that the chance of it breaking a band saw blade is quite high!
Isn't that why God invented Chainsaws?[:D]

tipusnr

Good luck! I admit I'm not very experienced with chain saws but I've had them through pieces I'm cutting and buck more than any bandsaw.

Also, as an ex-scratch bowler, go to the bowling alley and look down the finger holes. As POC found, there is not much usable material there.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Eaglesc
<br />With the talk of bowling ball blanks I wondered if anyone on the forum has cut up a real bowling ball for blanks?

I spoke with a "semi" pro bowler yesterday, he really liked those pens. Talking with him I found out that the colorful material is not going all the way through the ball, it is just an outer layer!
Rudy

G

Yep my wife who used to bowl a lot told me the same thing when I told her how big a piece I needed.
Well, I glue up 1/2 inch corian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom