Bowling Ball Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

waynewright

A while back I purchased some bowling ball blanks that were presented on IAP. They were pieces of cut up bowling balls cast in PR. I lost the contact information on who makes them and was in the market to purchase more. Could anyone provide the contact information on where to purchase bowling ball blanks.

Thanks Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

Yea it was me. I still have about 30 balls in the yard.

BUT it took me about a whole week to chop them up. And I destroyed about 3 saws doing it. Just imagine chopping up concrete water melons to get at the rhine. Then you still got to chop them up into little pieces. It's not fun a nd takes a LOT of time. Maybe in the spring if I get some ambition and time. But more than likely the balls are destine for the land-fill.

BowlingBallPens.jpg

workinforwood

Been there done that! It is way to much work for what you get and costly too. I'd try putting on some safetly glasses, wedge the ball between some concrete black and take a few wacks at it with a big sledge hammer. The outer shell isn't bad, but the inside of the ball sure isn't worth the blades and all the dust. I would not take them to land fill regardless. I'd just put them in the garden.

They certainly look nice though.

In an aside, depending on the bowling balls your blanks could have been polyester(PR) cast in polyester (PR). Silmar and AOC and I am sure others, make polyester resins for the bowling ball industry.

Top Bottom