BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jarheaded

I was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting after 10 weeks for their delivery from Bethlehem Olive Wood. I have called a number of times and always get told that it will be there in a couple of days. I lost a good amount of business this season due to their no delivery. I will try to get my money back from them, hopefully that goes faster than their delivery. Thankfully Chris was able to supply some HOW (Hawaiian Olive Wood).
Thanks,
Johnnie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

Yea,
I had a problem with my delivery taking forever as well. My order finally showed up after 6 weeks and the excuses they gave me for the delay were pretty lame. I waited three weeks before I emailed them about my order and I was told I should see them in another week. I gave them another two weeks before I emailed them again and again I was told next week. I did actually receive them the next week but they missed their stated delivery date twice by a substantial amount. That was the first time I've ordered from them so I can't say if that is the norm for them or maybe they had some short term issues that caused the delay.

mrcook4570

I have ordered BOW from Israel a few times and shipping can be on the slow side, but it is coming from the Middle East. I now make sure that I have a large BOW supply on hand at all times and reorder well in advance of running out. Some retailers (AS, Woodturningz, WoodPenPro, CSU, PSI, maybe others) have it in stock from time to time. Shipping is much faster from these places, although the price is a little higher.

Randy_

There are a number of folks who sell BOW and at least 2 I know of are are actually located in Israel. It would probably be best to specifically identify the company involved so the wrong one doesn't get blamed. Bethlehem Olivewood Supply has a rep for being a slow shipper; but honest and reliable. Someone recently posted that they only promise 4-6 weeks for delivery and that is perfectly understandable for me considering that they are essentially operating their business out of a war zone.

However, I would think you are perfectly within your rights to request a prompt refund if they don't deliver within the promised delivery window.

There are several American based BOW resellers who can probably provide faster serviced if you need it. I can't say how the prices and quality compare.

Note: I just checked their web site and they actually promise 2-4 week delivery to the lower 48. 10 weeks seems to be well beyond what could be considered reasonable.

edstreet

One thing I have noticed with olive wood there is a HUGE demand for it and less supply. Meaning not much makes it to the US. However this is one of those items you need to stock up before hand. Also we do grow olives here in the US so you can find trimmings from time to time, it may not have that appeal to some people but it's still olive wood and still quite good.

I found a guy who cut a branch from an olive tree in cali, I bought something like 50 pounds of it and send some to a kiln to dry and others I just put anchor seal on it and waiting for it to dry.

Ed

DKF

Not to take away from the e-tailers who sell BOW, but there are several members here on the IAP, Nolan, aka, n4631x and Joel, aka, Tuba707 who both sell some very nice BOW....I know when I ordered some from Nolan a few weeks ago, he had over 100 blanks with certs....I would definitely try here before ordering overseas if at all possible.

airrat

I bet the guys that sell here order it from the same companies as you all are having problems with delivery. The thing is they can wait for it and you need it sooner.

Buying from the guys on this site does do 2 things. It supports fellow turners and they in turn support this site. All you have to do is look at the stuff they gave away this holiday and how many times they have donated to the site.

Jarheaded

Like I said, Chris in Hawaii save me by sending me a bunch of Hawaiian Olive Wood. I also ordered from Woodenwonders from this sight and had it in 2 weeks. The company that left me hanging is called Bethlehem Olive Wood. Some members here are defending them due to the problems in the Middle East, but I have a brother (Wolftat) and a nephew over there and I have spent my share of time over there also so I know first hand as to what is happening there. I won't promise a customer a peice if I can't make it by the time they request it, and I don't think others should. If they had contacted me and told me that there would be a delay I wouldn't have had an issue with it. But all I got was told that it would be here in 3 or 4 days, with 4 seperate calls made. I will keep dealing with the folks on this sight as I have never had a problem with any of them. I am going to step off my soapbox and relax now.
Thanks,
Johnnie

I haven't dealt with Nolan YET, but I have dealt with Joel and was extremely happy.

Top Bottom