Book Recomendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesSharp

I have logged a lot of hours on a metal lathe however wood turning is new to me.

I'm looking for suggestions on wood turning books in general and pen turning in specific. I've seen some really nice pens on this fourm and others and would like to shorten the learning curve when it comes to making something above average.

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrazyBear

Welcome charles

I have no books to suggest but you can get some good tips looking at the video files in the library. I am sure others will be along shortly to help you out.

Are you intending using your metal lathe or have you access to a wood lathe

You could also browse Youtube for pen turnings for the basic idea

oldsmokey

Hi Charles
The first thing you should do is go and find some good turning class. I think the Woodcrafter store in Stanton has some classes. The next thing you could do is join AAW and start attending the meetings.
Steve Russell is a member here. He has produced several videos about woodturning. He is a professional woodturner that has demonstrated around the country. His site is www.woodturningvideosplus. Ed Davidson, (yoyospin) has numerous video's about turning. There are several others here that have produced great videos that would help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom