Bone Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

Has anyone made a bone pen? Not one out of bone but one that looks like a bone? I have a customer that is looking to get a pen for his brother, who is a doctor and would like to get it made to look like a bone. I've never done or seen this before. I am hoping that someone has an idea or two on it.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

This is a good time of year for plastic bones at the big box Holloweenie stores. a number of years ago they were selling plastic bone pens. I can't find the one I had it's around here some place.
You can use the cleaned and bleached cattle bones they sell for dogs. But when working with bone DO NOT inhale the DUST! it is not good for the lungs.
:clown:

mrcook4570

Deer antler should give the look you are seeking and it is plentiful. I have seen gator jaw bone for sale from time to time. Alternate ivory should work well if you did not want to use the real thing.

JCochrun

Has anyone seen or made a pen that looks like a bone? I know that sounds a little weird. I've got antler but was hoping to make one that looks like an actual bone. If not, I'll go with antler and put a medical clip on it. Or I'll come up with something else.

Thanks,

Jim

If you wanted to try you hand at polymer clay it should be an easy effect to create. I have done alot of faux bone and with the clay you could shape it anyway you want. I have a few faux bone pens in my photos, but i can't attach anything for some reason. Could be the fact i am currently on a nook due to my laptop being down :(

Top Bottom