Bolt action Roller Ball pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

As of right now, all rollerball pen kits that are offered are capped. Thus you will not currently find a retractable rollerball of any type.

The over under shotgun rollerball kit is the closest bullet style in a rollerball.

its_virgil

Short answer is no. Rollerball ink will dry out when used as a ball point. But, gel ink refills, which write very similar to rollerballs, are available. Personally, I like the Schmidt Easy Flow 9000. Gel refills are made for ballpoints and will not dry out uncapped.

You may find some helpful info in these two threads:http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/rollerball-refill-click-style-pen-121488/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/converting-rollerball-ball-point-help-52957/

Questions about converting rollerball to ball points and ball points to rollerballs is a frequently asked question. Some searching will find more similar threads. Good luck with your conversion research.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Does anyone make such a kit? I do not see any in my list of vendors. All help appreciated! Phil

pshib

Can't you find a long brass tube the correct size for the bolt action and just make a custom length tube to account for the longer refill? I've thought about doing that but I haven't had. Any time for pen making since December.......I'm having withdrawals.

Dan Masshardt

Can't you find a long brass tube the correct size for the bolt action and just make a custom length tube to account for the longer refill? I've thought about doing that but I haven't had. Any time for pen making since December.......I'm having withdrawals.

I doubt it would work - but it might be fun to try. The bolt action has a special sized spring and a different style refill might mess with the action.

Plus I think there is a good chance the ink would dry out.

pshib

A gel refill should work, the same size as a rollerball and the spring might still work. I need to try later with one of my kits.

tazhunter0

A gel refill should work, the same size as a rollerball and the spring might still work. I need to try later with one of my kits.

Parker gel refill will work in the Bolt Action. The one I carry in my truck has one in it. No problems with it.

Chris

pshib

Parker gel refill will work in the Bolt Action. The one I carry in my truck has one in it. No problems with it.

Chris
The Parker gel is pretty much the same as a regular Parker refill. I have t had much luck with them. I like the pilot g2 gel pens. Hoping they will fit and only require a slightly longer tube.

Top Bottom