bolt action pen not wanting to fulling come out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

I know the title seems strange what I mean is that the refill want come out completely to write it is like it stops half way out is there a way to fix this. I had a show this past sat and lost a sale on them because they would not come completely out and I could not see a reason for it. thanks for the help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Todd; There are two possibilities and likely more.
1. The ink tip is getting caught in the nib due to an undersize hole in the nib. To check, remove the ink fill and insert it into the nib from the outside; rotate the ink fill in a circle. Does it move freely?? If not, take a Number drill bit that just fits in the nib end and select the next larger bit to ream out the nib hole.

2. The blank is slightly too long. Check to see where the ink fill is when retracted. If it is too far back, the blank may be slightly too long.

3. Just occurred to me, If the spring is installed the wrong way, it can prevent the tip from extending fully.

mecompco

Well, not sure how that is possible, unless the refill is binding up the spring. I assume you tested them after assembly. I've had pens not want to retract, upon occasion, and had to smooth up the inside of the nib a bit. The bolt-actions do have a really long spring, so I would check that.

Regards,
Michael

thewishman

Two thoughts - does the refill fit through the nib properly and are you using a refill with a label attached wrapped around it? I love the easyflow9000, but the label gets snagged by the spring.

penmaker1967

the bolt when you push it down seems to want to come back a little I thought that may be the problem but I don't see how to adjust the bolt

Top Bottom