bolt action pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ajthunem

I am aware that PSI & CSUSA sell the BOLT ACTION PEN KITS.
Does BEREA or anyone else MAKE bolt action kit??
From what I have read I am assuming BEREA is the top of the line when it comes to pen kits, or am I mistaken??
Also who else sells this type of kit??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I know there are the PSI version which PSI and CSUSA sell, plus CSUSA had their own version for sale alongside the PSI version. Timberbits also sells a version. Not sure if it is the same as the CSUSA version.

I have made and sold several of the PSI version. They seem pretty solid and are popular.

As far as Berea being the top of the of the line, not so sure about that. Most suppliers have good quality kits available that compare favorably to Berea kits. Might be more personal preference.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I just finished a bolt PSI bolt action I ordered from Woodtueningz (better price then PSI) it a nice kits and seams to be very well made. Timberbits does carry bolt action but wont sell them to folks in the US, that to bad because they have really good prices. The bolt action that I saw on CSUSA is a PSI kit.

JTisher

The last time I was in Berea I was told that they are going to be starting their own line of bolt actions but no release date given.

Joe

Irish Pat

David at Timberbits has a Mark 2 Pen Kit(bolt kit)very good kit that he can sell into the USA,you can check this with him.This kit is similar to the bolt but with a shorter lever,great kit,great price.

Pat.
Ireland

WriteON

This does not answer your question....but..I have only used PSI 30cal., Magnum and Mini Bolts. I have no complaints.

southernclay

I have only made the csusa version. (Lock N Load) I believe is the name. I liked it but haven't done a psi version. Would love to hear a comparison from someone who has done both

Tom T

I have made a ton of PSI bolt action, I did not know others were available.
PSI have been great. Have turned all colors. One bolt came loose, a little screw driver action and it was good as new.

parawood

Finishes

I just finished a bolt PSI bolt action I ordered from Woodtueningz (better price then PSI) it a nice kits and seams to be very well made. Timberbits does carry bolt action but wont sell them to folks in the US, that to bad because they have really good prices. The bolt action that I saw on CSUSA is a PSI kit.

CSUSA offers the kit in 10k gold. I don't believe PSI offers this.

shortz1lla

The "antique brass" bolt action from PSI is my best seller, selling more than every other type/plating of pen that I've sold combined. I don't personally like them, they're a bit too gimmicky for me, especially with the rifle clip... but they're a sturdy kit. I use blue loctite on the screw, haven't had any issues but it is a simple, low-cost preventative measure. The plating is awesome and scratches would actually add to the patina.
Now, having said that I think they're a blatant gimmick, I am still going to make one for myself from woodland camo fleck with a scope clip for my shadow box as I think it will look nice with the other stuff from my time in the Corps. So, I suppose I'm a sellout.

Top Bottom