Bolt Action Parts - Are they available

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaywood1207

Does anybody know if the bolt for the bolt action pens is available on its' own? I have a customer who broke the bolt and wants me to fix it but I was hoping to get just the bolt rather than a whole kit.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Careful, Jamie!! To replace that part, you will have to take the pen apart.

How will you do that without damaging the mechanism??
(I have not tried, although I have been asked to)

jaywood1207

Thanks Ed. There is another post from a while ago about disassembling these. If I can get the part there are some instructions in there. If I can't get the part then it won't matter if I damage the mechanism because I'll end up salvaging the blank only and using a new kit.

jyreene

For what it's worth, taking it apart seems to only involve the set screw. I have had to tighten it on a few but with a long skinny Phillips head you can reach it.

Don't know about replacements but you could always just ask the supplier where you purchased them.

jaywood1207

Does anybody know if the bolt for the bolt action pens is available on its' own? I have a customer who broke the bolt and wants me to fix it but I was hoping to get just the bolt rather than a whole kit.

Thanks,

What finish? I have a Chrome kit that has been cannibalized and still has the bolt.

Let me check when I get home tomorrow night. I can't remember off hand what he bought.

SecretGman

Thanks,

What finish? I have a Chrome kit that has been cannibalized and still has the bolt.

Let me check when I get home tomorrow night. I can't remember off hand what he bought.

Let me know also, I think I have a Gunmetal Carcass

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I've ordered the replacement parts before. I had a broken bolt as well. Replacement is simple by removing the set screw with a long skinny Phillips screwdriver.

nanosec12

Well looks like I am in the same boat...I have only made a couple of these, and the first one to leave my shop lasted 3 days in the customers hands. He did admit to 'showing it off' to all of his 'gun nut' friends to make them jealous. I guess the constant clicking was just too much for it.

His was chrome, and I have dropped an email to PSI to see if they will cough up some part numbers for just the bolt.

JH Customs

Bolt Action Parts

I have called PSI and they have sent me replacement parts for various pens. I usually buy a couple when I do. The last I ordered were the click assemblies for a 30ca. click pen. Bought 3 assemblies and it was only 7 bucks with shipping. You might try them.

nanosec12

I finally got an email response from PSI...

They carry the parts for the bolt action pens, but they do not 'sell' them individually. However, they graciously shipped me a replacement bolt so that I can repair my customers broken one. When I asked about buying them (so that I could keep some on hand) they responded with a statement to the effect that 'replace them for their customers on an as needed basis, but do not stock the amount that would be required for all of those that might order them just in case'

so send them an email, or give them a call, the customer service was top-notch (i.e. I got free parts and didn't even pay for the shipping)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The bolt action are not available as "dealer products". The vendor purchased the kit, paying retail price for it. So, you sure should be able to get replacements from Penn State--the kit was purchased at retail pricing.

Top Bottom