Bolt Action kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe Burns

Trying to find out who sales the bolt action kits besides PSI. Wanted to try some of these and I avoid buying from PSI.

Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattTheHat

[...not a fan of PSI kits to start with...]

What's wrong with PSI kits? I've purchased a couple hundred of their various models and haven't had problem one.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of the bolt action pen myself, but I've built about a dozen as gifts and actually sold a couple on one of the gun forums I frequent. Without exception, the recipients appeared to be thrilled with them. Just not my thing, but lots of folks really seem to like them.

-Matt

Last edited:

mdburn_em

PSI kit quality has come a long way since I first started purchasing from them.

I'm also finding their shipping speed is much better too.

Competition is a very good thing. They had to step up their game or else get left behind.

Kinger

CSUSA has some nice looking bulletpens, they dont have the boltaction click on them but they look pretty nice

plano_harry

I just bought the starter combo - 3 finishes, bit and bushings. Got here fast, shipping is cheap, very heavy components with solid plating almost as easy to build as a Sierra. Turned one tonight and punched it together. What's not to like about it? Should be a good seller in the right places.

Harry

ALA

I bought 4 of the bolt action kits. Shipping was very good. Made one the other day (with Walnut) and it was about the simplist I've ever done. Maybe too easy! :biggrin: The kit is heavy. Feels like a pretty good quality. Haven't sold any yet but it is an attention getter for sure! :eek:
Alfred

edicehouse

I have made 2 orders to PSI over the last 2 weeks, waiting for the second to come in. Paid for it Friday. I have had real good luck with them. I just checked the package is in PA.

LagniappeRob

Looked like the bolt moved the wrong way to me when I looked at them. Forward and up? if I remember right... no one has made comments about that when you're selling them?

LagniappeRob

I have made 2 orders to PSI over the last 2 weeks, waiting for the second to come in. Paid for it Friday. I have had real good luck with them. I just checked the package is in PA.

My only problem so far with PSI (granted very limited experience - 3 orders), was the last one I paid the extra $2 for "rush processing" which thier site said would be shipped the same day if I got it in by 12:30 Eastern (I did), yet they still didn't ship to the next day. That put the package here on Monday... I paid for the rush shipping with the thought that I'd have it that Friday. If they would have shipped the same day as the website promises, I would have. It's only $2, but I've always been one that believes under-promise & over-deliver. If you offer the same day rush processing... do it.

As a side note, on this last order I emailed after placing it asking to add an item that the better half wants. Placed the order Saturday. Emailed Saturday. It hasn't shipped and I still haven't heard back at all... but based on the amount charged to the card, they're not sending it.

ctubbs

My only problem so far with PSI (granted very limited experience - 3 orders), was the last one I paid the extra $2 for "rush processing" which thier site said would be shipped the same day if I got it in by 12:30 Eastern (I did), yet they still didn't ship to the next day. That put the package here on Monday... I paid for the rush shipping with the thought that I'd have it that Friday. If they would have shipped the same day as the website promises, I would have. It's only $2, but I've always been one that believes under-promise & over-deliver. If you offer the same day rush processing... do it.

As a side note, on this last order I emailed after placing it asking to add an item that the better half wants. Placed the order Saturday. Emailed Saturday. It hasn't shipped and I still haven't heard back at all... but based on the amount charged to the card, they're not sending it.

I always use the 800 number when changing an order or commenting to PSI. Their email is well known for being, lets say, less effective. I always get good results when using the phone with them.
Charles

Rifleman1776

They seem more focused on novelty than quality. They sell to those who are interested in the novelty aspect of turning pens. I tend to stay with a few proven, IMHO, stylish, styles. And the PSI platings have, in my experience, never been reliable. I use only Ti gold or platinum/silver.

S

SC1843

pen kits

My name is Steve, and I've only pen turning for less than a year. Where do you sell your pens?? craft shows, or eating places??? I don't have a clue. Thanks. Steve:)

S

SC1843

where do you get your pen kits?? im not familiar with that abbreviation. i usually use psi, but they are probably not the best in the world for sure. thanks

I'm glad somebody enjoys them.
Way too expensive for a novelty kit, IMHO.
I'm not a fan of PSI kits to start with and that kind of money for one kit won't go to them, that's fer certain fer sure.
Im sure someone selling pens in Arkansas will be more then happy to make and sell one of the best selling pens right now and make the money you could be making selling the (novelty) pen.
The plating on these pens is almost bullet proof. The people that pic up my pens at shows are animals and they all look brand new. This includes the twist bullets.

Joe Burns

I appreciate it everyone. This has been a great thread to follow. I will get 4 or 5 of them to try out next month. In trouble at the moment with the in house accountant (wife) at the moment over my recent order of blanks.

The bullet pens Ive made always attract attention in central Texas with all the hunters and Ft. Hood very close by. I usually get them from Eric at Little River Craft as I don't like the ones with the cheesy clips.

Steve, I usually sell my pens by word of mouth through friends. I'm always showing off my latest ones. Ive sold some this way. Sold one this year after giving one away as a Christmas gift. Ive had some approach me for a consignment to make a pen. The last one I sold like this was 5.56 bullet pen for a Marines birthday. I'm working on a website and will be selling online this summer. Until recently the job I had prevented me from spending a lot of time building pens and building an inventory.

Open the question up about where and how to to sell in its own thread and you will get a lot of responses.

Joe

Top Bottom