Blue wood for Navy theme pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

There is no truly "Blue" wood . There are some lighter shades of blue/grey woods but nothing Navy Blue . Your best bet would be to get some Blue Dyed wood or even use some food coloring on a light colored wood like Maple or Beech .

brez

There is no truly "Blue" wood . There are some lighter shades of blue/grey woods but nothing Navy Blue . Your best bet would be to get some Blue Dyed wood or even use some food coloring on a light colored wood like Maple or Beech .

Yes, I understand. Is there any dyed wood that gets close to navy blue?

Thanks
Mike

pensmyth

Here's one I made for a friend of my wife. Her husband was retired from the Navy. It's not a Dymalux blank it's maple dyed blue and the logo was a decal I made.

Attachments

• A140.JPG
    A140.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 141
  • A140 (2).JPG
    A140 (2).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 125
  • A140 (4).JPG
    A140 (4).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 114
  • A140 (5).JPG
    A140 (5).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 123

Seer

Check out the dyed maple at lazerlinez I have turned Constants wood and it has a good color all the way through

pensmyth

Very nice. How do you make a decal?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike[/QUOTE]

I found the picture on line and saved it. A little trial and error resizing and then I printed it out on Testors decal paper using my HP ink jet printer. Spray it with a sealer then I cut it out. I turned my pen body to finished size and gave it several coats of thin ca to seal it and let it dry over night. Next day I set the decal and let it dry for another day then I covered it with 8 coats of thick ca, mm'd and polished.

Top Bottom