Blue Lapis Trustone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Had some time tonight to turn some more tru-stone so I went out to the shop and turned a Red Jasper ,a Turquiose ,and a Blanco Nero and all was well as I had turned all 3 of these before, next was a Blue Lapis Emperor and I never tried to turn anything as hard as that before, I would make 3 passes with my 1/2 scraper and then dullsville, [B)]spent more time at the grinder than the lathe, tried the skew same results after 45min. finally had lower blank turned so I went ahead and polished it to see if all that effort was worth it and its beautiful. Its late and tomorrow I'll tackle the Upper blank. The Red Jasper,Turquiose and Blanko-Nero all turn well but that Lapis is a &$#@(*^)%$#.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Roy, I had the same trouble when I turned the Lapis. I've turned several different Tru Stone colors and they're all like turning any plastic, except the Lapis. I think that one must be about 98% stone. But it is beautiful when done.

Malainse

Roy,
Remember, every pen we make is a work of art. Lapis is one where the art just takes a bit longer. OK, a lot longer..... Emperor/Lapis is a stunning pen....

Mal.

OKLAHOMAN

Ok finally finished this beast. Would I do it again? you betchem I would but only when I have extra time to spend,the gold vein is just
WOW!!! Just wish I had Lou's ability to take pictures because this is as I said WOW

2007715161520_DSCF00091.jpg
<br />

Woodlvr

Good job Roy. Now I know who to send mine to to be turned.[:D] NOT REALLY I know that they would not come back.[:D]

Mike

johncrane

hijacked thread sort off! never mind l like both the pens Roy l have all those blanks you have talked about but l haven't tried them yet, at least now l know what too expect also Roy do you think the blue Lapis looks the best of the bunch that you have done. also Roy l would love to see a bigger photo too see the golden vein your finish looks fantastic too. [:D]

OKLAHOMAN

John,

As you requested a bigger picture to view the vein. And yes I like them all but the lapis is my favorite, its just a b-t-h to turn.

2007716102416_big.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom