Blue ink or Black ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerberpens

Is there any rhyme or reason to which color ink is packaged with a fountain pen kit? I have only turn some barons, but the ink cartridges were blue and I was thinking, assuming and/or hoping it would be black (like the ink for the baron rollerball, or the refills in the slimline, the Euro, etc.)

Can you request black or blue ink when you order your kits?

Thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I think you get whatever they have the most of.[:D]
Since the Baron comes with a converter, pitch the ink cartridge,
and buy a good bottle of ink, Private Reserve, but they also
sell PR cartridges, you will be glad you did.

rtjw

I was wondering the same thing. I use only black ink where I work and just cant use the blue so I am left with a fountain pen that I cant use.

arehrlich

You might want to look at Levenger's inks. A bit pricey, but worth the money. They have both bottles and cartidges - two sizes. They are at www.levenger.com.

They also have a really neat note-taking system called CIRCA. All of their paper is fountain-pen ready.

Alan

and no, I don't have any affiliation with the company, other than they have too much of my money. :)

woodpens

I am also a black ink only kind of guy. I consider the included refill as a freebie to be tossed into my box of refills used when people order extras with their pens. I never use the blue ones. I buy a lot of refills from http://www.yafa.com. They have fountain pen cartridges in several colors. I also buy extra fine Schmidt rollerball refills that I have grown very fond of in my Statesman Jr. pen.

Daniel

here is a little something I found on the net and added to my web sight. I did not write it but it gives anouther reason to be a Black ink type person. it is also a good reason to get your custome interested in a rollerball or fountain pen.
http://yourdonspens.com/Ink%20Security.html

PenWorks

Reminds me of the movie, "Catch me if you can", with Tom Hanks, was a pretty good flick
of a true story of a check forger and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom