Blue Denim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

Question...I am doing a Perfect Fit in Blue Denim and I am down to final sanding and I am getting a lot of pin holes in the material. Has anyone had this problem and if so what can I do about it? I have sanded and resanded and even tried filling with ca and sanding dust but didn't help. So, before I go any further I thought I would check here and see if any of you guys could tell me what to do.

Thanks.....Archie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I made my own denim blanks and ran into the problem with voids.
Ca is the way to go.
If you bought the high dollar store bought blank can't help you but good luck.
Try THICK ca and fill to level.
don't use accelerant let it harden naturally.It will take time though.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you have the aforementioned "high dollar stuff", the answer is the same.

Smear on thick CA, I don't care about my fingers, so I do this quickly with one finger-you could cover with wax paper if your wife gets upset when you leave large scratches on her. Let the CA dry for an hour or so (I rarely use accelerant, so you could probably do this quicker, but I don't trust the results). Remember, you are going to turn most of this off with your very sharp skew anyway, so neatness gets no "extra points".

I did this process 3 times before I was happy with the results, then finished with thin CA. The pen still had a little texture (which helped it sell-baron body), but it "felt good".

Hope this helps.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by hombre4
<br />OK, I will go back and try again. Thanks...By the way Eagle, if you sell your Cathedral blanks I sure would be interested.
you may not be if you knew how much I would charge for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom