blaze orange

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

Ok, I have seen many very close to what I am looking for but nothing exactly. I am looking for a pen blank that is "Blaze Orange"! Anyone seen anything anywhere?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
This close??

a01-1.jpg

RAdams

Banned
Wow Dozer, That reminds me of a orange cream ice cream bar! Nice pen!

Whew... That is a hard color to duplicate. I have tried several times with different pigments. I even tried dayglow orange chalk and nothing is quite right. Below is a link to an Alt. Amber pen i did a while back. It was pretty bright orange. The material is from Exoticblanks. Tough to work with, but it makes a snazzy pen!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58648&highlight=alt+amber

This pen was done with stop light amber model paint on the tubes. It would look quite a bit different with different colors of paint. If you could find some blaze orange spray paint, it might help alot with the Alt. Amber.

Last edited:

Mark

Jayme. I've been searching for just such a blank for some time now. Haven't found one yet, but I have high hopes of being able to cast it.

Even the powder coating pigments, don't really get the right orange. :frown:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, Ron has a point.

If you find blaze orange paint and paint the tube, the alternative amber would be transparent enough to show the color on the tube. And, yes, alternative amber is best left to folks who understand resins and have turned a few!

Top Bottom