blanks from Eagle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I recently made a trade with Eagle. He is happy with what I sent him. I believe I should go to prison for taking advantage of him and getting the better of the deal. [:p] As part of the deal (you read that correctly PART! of the deal) I got four of Eagle's unbelievable, intricate glued up blanks shown below. The first is a six sided bloodwood with maple strips winding diagonally through it. The second, I call wavy is walnut with wavy ash strips. The third is walnut and maple (Yes, Eagle knows I like walnut and maple woods) in a criss-cross pattern he calls 'lace'. And the last ---drum roll please --- is an impossibly intricate four-way wavy/squiggly walnut and ash pattern that Eagle promises will have a surprise in store for me when I turn. He has chastized me a couple times already for not turning these yet. I told him I might just sand and finish the way they are an put on display in one of my wife's curio cabinets. Truth is, I'm a little chicken. [:I] . Well, only a little. [8)] I have been busy with other projects and wanted to experiment with a couple ideas before starting these. (Partridge wood pen in 'show off'). The finished pens, if I don't blow them off the lathe, will be posted here. Don't look for them tomorrow.

200582716377_six%20side%20blank.jpg

2005827163727_wavy%20blank.jpg

2005827163747_criss%20cross%20blank.jpg

200582716383_wiggly%20blank.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I think this is the first I've seen of Eagle's blanks in the pre-turned staged. They look even more remarkable this way. What patience and an eye for detail! I look forward to seeing what they become in your capable hands!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sorry to disagree with you Shane, but I think 1-4 are going to be really cool! Frank, it the blanks make you too nervous, I think you still have my mailing address! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom