blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alan1970

Hey everyone, thank you for all of your help with the resin. My new question is Is it a good idea to make alot of blanks and turn them before I get the pen kits? Also if it is a good idea where is the best place to find the tubes? Remember I am still new to this so don't laugh to much at my stupid questions.

Thanks for any help:)
Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

your kits will come with the tubes, so you will need them first if you are casting around the tubes. If you are making solid blocks, cast away, then drill when you get the kits and tubes.

gerryr

All of the suppliers sell tubes separately also. I often order several sets of extra tubes so I can work ahead if I run out of that particular kit, or, I have also heard of people ruining a tube or two, but I wouldn't really know about that.[;)]

Rmartin

Well, I have NEVER ruined a blank, but I always order extra tubes. On more expensive kits, I might turn three or more blanks before I find one worth making a pen out of.

Rmartin

fiferb

I can't remember who it was (Anthony?) but they said they turn blanks to specified pen kit sizes and have them on display for customers to choose from. After they pick a set of blanks and a plating type, it's easy to assemble their custom pen. I don't have the inventory to do this but it seems like it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom