Blanks 3 5/8" long

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I rec'd some Alternate Ivory from Ed4copies, and in the pack were some free gratis cast blanks 3 ⅝" long. They are really gorgeous and I want to be sure to use them to their potential.

The only kit I can think to use them on would be any one of the Sierra's or the like (1 blank pen). So I'll have something over 1" left over. I guess when I get enough of them I can glue them all together to make a conglomerate pen.

Are there any other suggestions out there I may not have thought about.

I have Sierra kits, both Twist & Click, WoodenPenPro's Pacifica, Berea's Elegant Beauty on order, as well as PSI's Gatsby & Tycoon RB's. I think I'm pretty well covered there.

The other matter; Have I chosen the correct forum to ask a question such as this? My only complaint (as small as it is) with IAP is, it doesn't seem to have a specific forum for questions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Mark, I can't answer your blank question but as far as asking questions.... what I understand is many of the forums are for asking questions. There are a few that are not for questions such as SOYP and Other Things We Make. Those are for people to post pictures of their work.You just ask your questions within the correct forum. Your question is in the right place. If it was a question about a CA finish then you ask it in the Finishing forum. If it is a marketing or selling question then you put your question in the Marketing and Shows forum. Etc, etc etc. Casual conversation is for anything that is not really related to pen turning.

Anyway, that is my understanding of how it all works. BTW, some of the forums have specifc rules. There is a sticky at the top of those that explains the rules.

keithkarl2007

lau lau woods long click pen uses a single turned piece but i couldn't tell you how long it is, check it out here laulauwood.com

Last edited:

byounghusband

You can use these in combination with other materials to make larger size pens other than Sierras...

Below is an example of multiple materials. I didn't use the material you mentioned, but here is an idea generator for you....
Is is Black with Silver Flake Acrylic, Afzelia, 5 Layer Pic Guard (B/W/B/W/B), and Black Corian

Oh, and this is a perfect forum for this question.... :)

Attachments

• PA310026.JPG
    PA310026.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 98

arioux

Hi,

The other kit i can think of are:

Patriot form CUS, Carbara from Bear tooth or Polaris from PSI (all the same kit)

The center part of the teacher pen

The mini keychain pen nd mini purse pen

The long wood from PSI could be ok

The americana classic from CSU or executive from PSI

The gardian from PSI

The EZ grasp from PSI

These are the ones i can think of. someone else probably have others

keithkarl2007

Hi,

The other kit i can think of are:

Patriot form CUS, Carbara from Bear tooth or Polaris from PSI (all the same kit)

The center part of the teacher pen

The mini keychain pen nd mini purse pen

The long wood from PSI could be ok

The americana classic from CSU or executive from PSI

The gardian from PSI

The EZ grasp from PSI

These are the ones i can think of. someone else probably have others

and the zen from csusa i think but just barely

sbell111

You could pair them with another premium blank to make an interesting cap/barrel combo. You could also use them for the top half of a cartridge pen.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I THINK!!

I rec'd some Alternate Ivory from Ed4copies, and in the pack were some free gratis cast blanks 3 ⅝" long. They are really gorgeous and I want to be sure to use them to their potential.

The only kit I can think to use them on would be any one of the Sierra's or the like (1 blank pen). So I'll have something over 1" left over. I guess when I get enough of them I can glue them all together to make a conglomerate pen.

Are there any other suggestions out there I may not have thought about.

I have Sierra kits, both Twist & Click, WoodenPenPro's Pacifica, Berea's Elegant Beauty on order, as well as PSI's Gatsby & Tycoon RB's. I think I'm pretty well covered there.

The other matter; Have I chosen the correct forum to ask a question such as this? My only complaint (as small as it is) with IAP is, it doesn't seem to have a specific forum for questions.

OK, I had to try to figure out WHAT I sent. Would they be 3 inches LONG by 2 inches WIDE????? So, if you cut down the middle, you can have the top and bottom halves of a pen!!

I will take pics and post, since this is something we have done in the past. IF this is what I sent you, it never occured to me that you wouldn't be familiar with that format - it was popular early in casting (2-3 years ago) and we still use it for small batches or "pour overs".

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OK, I had to try to figure out WHAT I sent. Would they be 3 inches LONG by 2 inches WIDE????? So, if you cut down the middle, you can have the top and bottom halves of a pen!!

I will take pics and post, since this is something we have done in the past. IF this is what I sent you, it never occured to me that you wouldn't be familiar with that format - it was popular early in casting (2-3 years ago) and we still use it for small batches or "pour overs".
Hi Ed; No just an extraordinary ¾" dia. X 3⅝" L. swirly blank.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:question::question::question::question:Well, if you decide you really like it, and want another one, better send a picture!!

Top Bottom