Blank Stabilizing companies.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've got a few wonderful pieces of Flame Boxelder and need to get them stabilized. Does anyone know of anyone who will do it for a fee and doesnt require a minimum amount of 25 blanks?
They are all ready to go, but I cant find a company to do it for a reasonable price.

Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

How many blanks are you looking to stabilize? I know River Ridge has a trial option where you can have 4 pen blanks stabilized for free. I haven't tried it yet but it may be just what you're looking for.

http://rrpwhite.com/wood-stabilizing/

I have used River Ridge to stablize boxelder and maple burl blanks in the past and have purchased some of thier stablized blanks. They are one of few suppliers to carry a pretty good variety of stablized pen blanks of native tree species. I found their stablizing and other services first rate.

Wade

glycerine

If you look through the classifieds, you should come across some equipment to do it yourself at home. That is if you think you'll be doing it again in the future...

Thank you , I will definately give them my blanks to stabilize. I never new of them... Thank you for the help.

I would like to someday. it just looks like a difficult thing to do and a degree in chemistry might be required ;) I will check out the classifieds and maybe I can get an idea of the setup costs and room required to do it myself in the future.

GColeman

I've got a few wonderful pieces of Flame Boxelder and need to get them stabilized. Does anyone know of anyone who will do it for a fee and doesnt require a minimum amount of 25 blanks?
They are all ready to go, but I cant find a company to do it for a reasonable price.

Thank you

Here is another option
http://www.lazerlinez.com/SDPricing.asp

He is a member here and does awesome laser work. I am sure his stabilization is first rate too.

Padre

I would like to someday. it just looks like a difficult thing to do and a degree in chemistry might be required ;) I will check out the classifieds and maybe I can get an idea of the setup costs and room required to do it myself in the future.

Check this out.

glycerine

Check this out.

This is what I was referring too, just didn't know if I was allowed to post a link...

flash880

I bought a large chamber from Mesquiteman and made my own vacuum pump from fridge compressor. I have only stabilized one batch of blanks so i am still experimenting, but it all seems to work. The only cost i have is the chamber and about $15 in fittings to hook up vacuum.

Top Bottom