Blank size for Jr. Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I want to make a jr. majestic in true stone but the instructions call for a 7/8 blank. I can't find a true stone blank bigger than 3/4. Will that work?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I want to make a jr. majestic in true stone but the instructions call for a 7/8 blank. I can't find a true stone blank bigger than 3/4. Will that work?

I can't make 3/4 inch work. even with perfect lathe drilling there is simply not enough material left to contour the upper pen barrel to final size, even if you turn it bushing to bushing. Your skills my be better than mine. In "theory" it is doable, I just blow them out.

FWIW:
Almost every IAP Tru-Stone vendor offers 7/8 blanks. Some vendors don't list them as 7/8, but instead "jumbo" blanks.

I hope this helps!

jasontg99

I have used 3/4" for all my pens including the full size emperor. I only use a center finding drill press. It can be done, and I am not an expert.

OKLAHOMAN

I've made hundreds of Jr. sized pens both PSI and CSUSA with 3/4 inch blanks also made Emperors,Full sized Majestics,Imperials and Lotus's from them. I use a Paul Huffman vise, proberly set up you can use this vise on all components we make with the exception of the maybe the Panache.

Top Bottom