Blank ID

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM

Several of the suppliers use a pen (or marker) that appears to use a paint type ink that does not penetrate the surface to label their blanks. I would like to get one of them. I spent some time at Office Depot today and could not find anyhing that appeared to be what they are using. Does anybody have a brand/model and source. I'll admit that the Office Depot that I was in was a very small one with not much stock.
Thanks,
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

It is a "liquid paper" or "white out" pen or similar product. Most office supply stores have them of some kind; I get them at Walmart. Good luck...and...
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />Several of the suppliers use a pen (or marker) that appears to use a paint type ink that does not penetrate the surface to label their blanks. I would like to get one of them. I spent some time at Office Depot today and could not find anyhing that appeared to be what they are using. Does anybody have a brand/model and source. I'll admit that the Office Depot that I was in was a very small one with not much stock.
Thanks,
Richard
[/quote]

alamocdc

I just today bought a pack of five in red, green, blue, black and white at Walmart in the crafts section for about $7. They are called "Painters" and come in singles with many more colors including metallics. I got fine tip (not as fine as felt tip fine) but they are also available in medium. I thought the medium might be too thick for my liking.

Fangar

I just use a sharpie. The ink does not penetrate anywhere near the diameter that the pen will ultimately be turned to. I even stabilized several blanks with the sharpie on them and had no issues. But most of the suppliers use either paint pens, or liquid paper pens like someone mentioned.

Like this one:

James

20055223309_S0069980_std.jpg

pen-turners

Any wood ordered from Bill Baumbeck at Arizona Silhouette is marked using a "Presto" Jumbo Correction Pen. You can get them at most office suppy stores and unlike white out, they do not rub off or smear. White out does not work well on stabilized wood. Bill let his secret go in an earlier post.

Hope this helps,
chris

200552243718_9523630-2-120-0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom