Black/white checkered blanks help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

http://www.anbg.gov.au/images/flags/motor/finish.gif

I have a request for a checkered pen style/pattern (black/white squares). Now, I know that I can make some blanks using holly and possibly ebony/blackwood. I need some suggestions if you have seen an offering from someone that offers such a blank for sale. I am open to suggestions and the blank(s) do not have to be wood other material(s) such as plastic would be fine.

Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated. Fully open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

go to www.americanartplastics.com and check on "celluloid." They have a black and white checkered blank that's about 1/2" square. Just bought one. Not really big enough for much more than a slimline without some CAREFUL drilling, and there are some celluloid cautions that need to be observed, but it's pretty nice!
Doug

wood-of-1kind

go to www.americanartplastics.com and check on "celluloid." They have a black and white checkered blank that's about 1/2" square. Just bought one. Not really big enough for much more than a slimline without some CAREFUL drilling, and there are some celluloid cautions that need to be observed, but it's pretty nice!
Doug

Doug, thanks for the lead. By the way, I hope that you are happy with 'Doc', the Jays (fans) certainly miss him. The celluloid would work, but the 1/2" size is a "challenge". Anyone else?

Last edited:

dgscott

By the way, I hope that you are happy with 'Doc', the Jays (fans) certainly miss him.

Happy? As someone who still has splinters in his bottom from the bleachers at Connie Mack and has endured five decades of terrible Phillies play (with a couple of bright spots), I couldn't be happier. If only we hadn't traded Cliff Lee away we'd have a helluva rotation!
:)
Doug

corian king

Hello Peter I just posted a pic of some of the checkerboard pens that I have glued up and turned into pens.These are made from corian/solidsurface material.If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
JIM

Top Bottom