Black Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Roy99664

Has anyone used this stuff? Black Tru- Stone with Gold Web. I turned the upper barrel of a pen using this material and the black comes off on everything. Micro Mesh, buffing wheel, polishing rags, all black. I'm thinking maybe I should seal it with CA or something. I would like to hear of others experiences.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

No CA necessary, sand with MM to 12000 then white diamond buffing or 600 reg sandpaper and buff with Tripoli and white diamond and it will shine like glass just keep the heat down while sanding and buffing .

1_trustonemajestic.jpg

Last edited:
Re-awakening this thread to ask a question -

While buffing a black tru-stone, it began to turn my buffing wheel black also.

Should I :

1) Stop using buffing wheels
2) Buy another buffing wheel to use exclusively for this in order to keep the black from transferring onto my other materials?
3) Don't worry about it - the black doesn't transfer to other materials.

:confused:

thanks!

mickr

If it were me, and I were choosing to make lots of the black tru stone..I would assign wheels to it and nothing else

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'd keep one wheel for it. Once you've buffed it out and given it a good
look-over, you'll realize that a few bucks for a dedicated buffing wheel
is a small price to pay. This is by far my favorite TruStone and it turns
heads all the time.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I recently bought a buffing wheek rake, it cleans all the built up stuff off the wheels and cleans most of the black stuff off also.

ldb2000

I have several dedicated buffing wheels for different materials . Two (1 wheel for tripoli and 1 for white diamond) for each , metals , dark tru stones and acrylics , light tru stones and acrylics and 2 for general buffing and a couple for buffing waxes and a clean buff for .... buffing .
I use bolts with washers and nuts for each and do my buffing on my drill press . Each buffing wheel cost about $6.00 and with a rake lasts for quite awhile . They can be washed and dried many times before the have to be replaced .

alphageek

Former Moderator
I have several dedicated buffing wheels for different materials . Two (1 wheel for tripoli and 1 for white diamond) for each , metals , dark tru stones and acrylics , light tru stones and acrylics and 2 for general buffing and a couple for buffing waxes and a clean buff for .... buffing .
I use bolts with washers and nuts for each and do my buffing on my drill press . Each buffing wheel cost about $6.00 and with a rake lasts for quite awhile . They can be washed and dried many times before the have to be replaced .

Ooooooo... This has to be the BEST side topic reply I've ever read here... I never thought about using my DP for a buffer..... I LIKE that idea as I never use the darn thing around pens anymore.

COOL!

ldb2000

I wash mine in the washing machine , along with my shop towels . First I use the rake to clean all the heavy stuff out then remove the arbors and just toss them in . They come out pretty clean and ready to buff again .

Top Bottom