Black Titanium Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I am about to purchase some Black Titanium Slimlines for a customer and I noticed a big price difference between suppliers. Over $7 a kit seems normal but I noticed that CSUSA has it listed for $4.35 and Woodnwhimsies lists it at $5.20. Then I found that WoodPenPro sells them for $1.55. Are all of these Black Titanium or are they being advertised falsely? $1.55 seems like a heck of a good deal for real Black Titanium.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I don't think Jimmy would do that . Give him a call , I'm sure he can answer your question .
I just looked at the listing , they are the Premium kits so they most likely are Black Ti . his regular slimlines say Black Chrome , not enamel , Black chrome is a metal Plating not a paint , it is not a durable as Ti but still much better then enamel . I do my own Black chrome plating and it does hold up rather well .

Last edited:

rjwolfe3

So his Premium Slender Pen Kit that he lists available in Black Ti for $1.55 is definitely real Black Ti? I mean no offense but I would rather hear from someone who has bought one of these kits rather then the seller. I just have a hard time believing that Arizona and Bear Tooth are both over $7.00 for their Black Ti Slimlines and Wood Pen Pro is only $1.55.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
So his Premium Slender Pen Kit that he lists available in Black Ti for $1.55 is definitely real Black Ti? I mean no offense but I would rather hear from someone who has bought one of these kits rather then the seller. I just have a hard time believing that Arizona and Bear Tooth are both over $7.00 for their Black Ti Slimlines and Wood Pen Pro is only $1.55.

I've gotten a few orders from them. I haven't really put the pens through
the paces .. I've never seen what happens when a finish wears off or chips. Once in a while I'll notice a gold finish that's marred .. a dust speck or something, but not often. I've had a gold cigar from them in my pocket for about 6 months and it gets used daily. Abused, really .. since it shares a pocket with my cell phone and I climb telephone poles. everything gets knocked around in there. It looks ok .. looks like a 6 month old pen. :tongue:

But I've bought several dozen kits from woodpenpro and the prices are good. Wish I could tell you more.. I usually just get the cigar pens and pencils there.

ldb2000

Well sorry to say I haven't bought a slimline kit in over 6 months so I don't know this for a fact but he has never steered me wrong and I've been buying from him for about a year now . He has a good reputation and I don't think he would lie about what kind of finish it is so I would call him and check . Also remember we know how much the resellers are marking up their products , there have been quite a few posts on prices from Daycom , and for the most part there is a substantial mark up so he could be running this sale (it is a sale price) if he bought the right amount of kits .

arioux

Hi,

I get all my slimlines from Wood Pen Pro. I never had an issue with them. Jimmy is not a reseller, he gets his kits from the manufacturer. So only one line of profit.
His regular slims (slender) are black chrome (not black enamel) and are listed accordingly. His premium slender are listes as black TI and regular price at $2.55. They are actually on sale at $1.55. These are the one i regularaly use without any problem and if you put them side by side with a black chrome, you see the difference.
If you look at his other listing, some are black chrome, others are black TI. He knows the difference and list his kit accordingly.
Alfred

rjwolfe3

Thank you guys for chiming in. I am going to order some today. At that price they are cheaper then the cheap slimlines everywhere else. That's an awesome deal.

I like the black TI and black Chrome in the slimlines... I use the quite a bit. I've also bought the black enamel both shiny and flat... never had any problem with the paint flaking.... matter of fact, only enamel pen to ever flake was a black enamel fountain pen from PSI ... Personally, I think the guy who bought it also dropped it on the pavement when he was showing it off and chipped the clip. I just bought a new kit and pulled the clip out and gave it to him... still had the rest of the kit to work up so no loss and hopefully gained a repeat customer.

JerryS

Hi,

I get all my slimlines from Wood Pen Pro. I never had an issue with them. Jimmy is not a reseller, he gets his kits from the manufacturer. So only one line of profit.
His regular slims (slender) are black chrome (not black enamel) and are listed accordingly. His premium slender are listes as black TI and regular price at $2.55. They are actually on sale at $1.55. These are the one i regularaly use without any problem and if you put them side by side with a black chrome, you see the difference.
If you look at his other listing, some are black chrome, others are black TI. He knows the difference and list his kit accordingly.
Alfred

Alfred

How do both of these finishes hold up ? I was looking over some of his other kits , they seem to be very reasonable , how do you find the quality of all his kits ?

BTW I noticed their located in Hawaii , how's the shipping back to the states ( slow or normal )?

Tim'sTurnings

I have had one small order of pen kits and they seem fine, so far. I also have another order on its way.
As far as shipping goes I couldn't believe it. I ordered on a Friday and got my order on Monday!!! I guess that is pretty darn fast. I have been very happy so far. They have also lowered their shipping charges. I had numerous e-mails with Jim about his shipping charges being very high. The next time I looked for pricing their shipping for a small order went from $11.00+ down to below $5.00. He is very competitive on the shipping charges now, IMO. :cool:

marionquill

Sounds like gun metal to me for $1.55. Gun Metal, on a scale of 0 to 5, with 5 being the strongest, gun metal ranks 3 and titanium ranks 5. For reference, the 24k gold kits rate a 0.5....

Jason

arioux

Alfred

How do both of these finishes hold up ? I was looking over some of his other kits , they seem to be very reasonable , how do you find the quality of all his kits ?

BTW I noticed their located in Hawaii , how's the shipping back to the states ( slow or normal )?

Hi Jerry,

Both kit are holding very well so far, never had a return or complain (and i'm making them for over a year now) . I,ve been getting many kits from him and very verfy few problems and the time i had one, he fix it in a flash.

Altough he is in Hawai and i'm in Canada, i get my stuff as fast a any other US seller.

Alfred

GBusardo

Just to put my two cents in. I have bought Black TI Cigars and Comforts from WoodPenPRo and the metal looks just like the Black TI from Craft Supplies. I have never had a complaint.

Top Bottom